Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shopping

I have found that shopping can be one of the worst things to do if you want to feel better about yourself. You go into a store and find some of the cutest things and hooray! You're happy. Then the fitting rooms. You try them on and they don't fit. You say, "WHAT?! This is a medium! I know I'm not a large." It's just to most awful feeling to have to get a bigger size sometimes, especially being a girl. Magazines push being skinny and perfect on girls all the time. I absolutely hate it.

Jeans are probably the worst to shop for and most any girl would probably agree with me. I go into a store such as American Eagle and try on a 4 and it's a little snug so I go up to the next size which is 6 and that's too big! Then once I've tried on 10 pairs of jeans I hit my breaking point where I've just had enough and feel so crappy about myself. Everything makes you feel fat and even though every store is different, the size is the only thing that matters.

So, it's basically the worst thing for your self esteem. I mean, why can't there just be a standard for ALL sizes and no matter where you go you're the same size? That way when you're a 3 at one store but a 5 at the next, you don't start freaking out that you're gained weight or something. Honestly, it's a cruel and unfair trick that stores play on teenage girls (and probably any woman out there.)

-Hannah :D

No comments: